Using social media in order to market your goods and services, to create public awareness, or simply to boost brand image is the right way to go in the terms of marketing in 2021. The world is becoming increasingly more digital, and this includes the market as well. Social media is already a massive part of our lives. The most prominent social media platforms have an astounding number of users. This makes them the perfect target for advertising campaigns. If you are in a decision-making position at an enterprise that is not utilizing social media as a part of its marketing campaign, then you need to seriously consider the following facts:
Facts About Social Media
- As of July 2020, a whopping 3.96 billion people were on social media.
- This is an estimated 51% of the population.
- An additional 376 million people had joined social media in between 2019 to 2020.
- This is an estimated 10.5% growth in total social media users, with the total percentage of growth expected to be even higher this year.
- Around 99% of social media users access social media on their phones. Keep this in mind while framing your ad campaign.
How Social Media Helps Your Business
- Website tracking and analysis will allow you to identify the amount of web traffic you receive, as well as the sources of traffic. This will allow you to constantly adjust your marketing strategy and give you a more mailable approach.
- A smart social media strategy will help your enterprise build a positive brand image. In addition to being viewed favorably by your customer base it will also help your brand become a more household name.
- Social media facilitates conversions at a higher rate than other forms of advertising such as television and print.
- The cost of advertising on social media is also lower than advertising on traditional media. The large social media platforms charge a substantially lower rate to advertise on their platforms than television stations or newspaper agencies.
- By allowing you to engage and interact with your consumer base, social media allows you to organically grow a loyal and devoted pool of customers.
Assessment For Goal Setting
Prior to marketing on social media, you should have a clearly designed social media marketing strategy in place. All strategies start with a goal. Your social media goal should clearly define what you want to get out of social media. In order to frame an appropriate social media goal, you must answer the following questions:
- Who is your target audience?
- What are you hoping to achieve out of social media?
- What brand impression do you want to create on your users?
- Do you have the budget to make the necessary investments into social media?
After answering these questions, you will have a better idea of what exactly it is that you want to gain out of marketing on social media. Now, you must develop an appropriate social media marketing strategy in order to achieve these goals. Without a proper social media marketing plan, you will not be able to get the results you want out of your campaign. All in all, whatever strategy you develop must check the following boxes:
- Provide good quality, engaging content.
- Clearly link your social media account to your business venture. i.e., make sure to share the curated links to your website, store etc.
- Present a consistent brand image. Your followers will be rather confused if you come of as a fun trendy brand on one day, and a formal serious brand on the second.
- Regularly check what your competitors are doing. They can provide you with key insights into new trends, keywords, hashtags etc.
Tips For Effective Social Media Campagin
As long as you have a clearly defined goal, with the budget to achieve it and adhere to the above checklist, you will be able to enjoy success through social media marketing. A few other tips that could be useful for social media marketing are:
- Use hashtags, they are great for increasing web traffic. The more relevant hashtags you can attach to a post the better.
- Post regularly. Posting regularly will help your company build an online presence.
- Engage your audience. Be sure to interact with your customers and potential customers. If your brand’s social is approachable, it will create a similar perception surrounding your brand overall. In addition, it will help you build your consumer base.
Managing a social media campaign can be an arduous task. It requires persistent vigilance as well as a knowledge of the latest social trends, an at least a basic education on web traffic analysis. All this can be hard to supervise while also simultaneously running your own business. At Avsom Digital Solution Pvt. Ltd., we have a committed team of digital marketing experts who can handle not only all your social media marketing needs but everything you need to be successful in the digital marketing sphere. From SEO, social media management, blog writing, website and mobile app design, brand marketing etc. We will cover all your digital marketing needs to ensure that your company grows at affordable prices. After all, customer satisfaction is our number one priority.